Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

M45 7 Hours 135mm at F3.2

Grant93

Hello everybody!

Had a pretty good week of weather last week, As I was on afternoons though by the time I got back from work I couldn't be bothered to set up the HEQ5 which the 800D is attached to, so I just took my Skyguider out every night with the 600D and Samyang 135mm Lens, polar alligned and shooting away within 10mins. Left the Dec the same so every night I just had to find M45 on RA, as no collision was possible I just let it image past the meridian. As F3.2 is pretty fast in the bortle 5 skys, I had to stick to 30 second subs unfiltered. This made for a VERY long process of stacking as there was a lot of individual images.

Happy to of picked up some snippets of that elusive space dust, although not as clear and standing out as I would've hoped. I also think the fact its mixed in with some noise gradients doesn't help.

Any advice or tips welcome as usual :)

7 Hours at 3.2 on the 135mm Samyang

600D and Skyguider Pro.

Flats & Bias

Stacked and mainly processed in Siril (Took sooo long to stack, ordered an extra 8 RAM for my PC 😅) Did some HDR, Star reduction and Super Structure in StarTools.

M45-2.png

• Like 16

10 hours ago, Clarkey said:

Great shot with the background nebulae. Nice!

I have an FMA180 and this looks like a good wide field target for the future.

Thanks 😀 I did preferably want the close up with the Zs61, but couldn't be bothered to set up the heq5 with the guiding etc after work. So I settled for the wide field hoping to pick up some IFN. Will repeat this in a few weeks when I go to the lakes with the skyguider 😀 in a bortle 2/3 rather than the 5 that I am in now. 

Good luck for when you try it! 😀