SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Closing Cartes du Ciel

almcl

A small but irritating problem has been apparent with Cartes du Ciel.

I use it to slew the mount to target. This works well and a single plate solve, sync and re-centre usually has the target spot on.  Start guiding and away we go. At the end of the session we stop guiding, shut PHD2 down, park scope and then try to disconnect and then shut down CdC. Unfortunately, no matter how I go about it, the CdC 'connect' window remains active in the task bar.  The only way to get rid of it (that I have found so far) is killing it via task manager.  I feel this should not be necessary?

Does anyone else suffer this, admittedly fairly trivial, problem, or know a way to get it to shut down properly and close its child window in the process?

Hi,

This is the CdC behaviour when another application is connected to CdC. In this case it not close but reduce in the task bar. This is done this way at the demand of planning software that not want to restart CdC every time to show a map of an object.

So you probably have another application connected to CdC and the solution is to close this application first or tell it to disconnect from CdC.

• Like 1

Many thanks for the prompt reply, Patrick! 

I guess APT (which is usually warming the camera at this stage) may be the culprit.  I'll experiment with making CduC the last item to close.

I’ve never had a problem but then I’ve never felt the need to link CdC with any of the control packages I use (SGP and NINA). I sync in NINA with a platesolve then Goto the object in CdC, the mount (Mesu Sitech II) is connected to both NINA and CdC, this doesn’t cause any conflicts.

If APT do not offer an option to disconnect from CdC you can do it from CdC.

Open the menu View / Server information, right click on the line with the active session and click on "Close connection".
close_connection.png.142dd4590ef8a4212e74f40ca802b304.png

After that you can close CdC normally.

I make a change for the next version to show a message in the status bar with the reason the program not close.

• Thanks 2