SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Potential "new" Binocular Mount?

BinocularSky

21 hours ago, HollyHound said:

No matter how hard I try, this bowl cup will not come off

I think there's some sort of threadlock on the screws; required quite a lot of elbow grease 🙂

I've just ordered a Neweer Bowl adaptor (with 3/8" screw) so I will attached the pistol grip directly to that instead and see how that goes 

Potential downside is that the payload will be further from the fulcrums (fulcra?), which will reduce the balanceable load.

Edited by BinocularSky
  • Thanks 1

On 22/01/2022 at 15:22, Stormbringer said:

Any idea what makes of counter weights will fit ?

Had a message from Paolo Morini (an Italian astronomer) yesterday - we've been swapping ideas on this. He has the carbon version and has managed to put an M10 stud into the end of the counterweight arm and has another weight on it. He tells me that it balances his Fujinon 70mm binos (10x70 and 16x70). 
No description available.

Edited by BinocularSky
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, BinocularSky said:

Potential downside is that the payload will be further from the fulcrums (fulcra?), which will reduce the balanceable load.

Yes, good point... after being able to use the correct 3/8th thread, I will not likely use this bowl adaptor now (may still keep it around for photography use though) 👍

• Like 1