Be gentle, and under no circumstances...

Caz

....must this pic be played with, I shall be highly offended.... :lol::)

Well I feel that after the longest star drought that I have experienced, this image of the moon has made me realise why I do this hobby in the first place. I can't tell you how happy I am with it, although the bottom lefthand corner is a little out of focus, nothing major. I've caught some great detail along the terminator, even thought I say so myself.... :D

Pic taken with the Nikon 5900, my very much loved 8" [glow=red,2,300]skywatcher[/glow], ep 25mm & moon filter .... :)

image.jpg

I thank you... :)

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm going to get told off too!! :lol:

image.jpg

Caz,

I went into grey scale, altered a little using curves, tweaked unsharp mask and away you go...I think sometimes the trick is not to do too much..

I'm no expert but the base pic is a good one.....Photoshop makes a good image better - it can't make a bad image good!!

Nice job Caz you got some nice detail there.

I think your a bit like me Caz. I promise not to tweak any more of your images...

I don't like anyone fiddlin' with my pics either.....Sometimes you see some good and you just can't resist.

Crackin' pic though..better than mine from last night.. :shock:

ohhhh sorry i,m a bit late Caz on the reply , well my gal , all i can say is WELL DONE , you have learnt a lot , proud of ya, that is a lovely image well focused and very well framed, congrates , and i shant play with it heheheheh ,

Cheers

keep them coming now Caz

Rog :lol:

ep 25mm & moon filter ....

Maybe worth using a barlow next time too Caz you have a nice wide eyepiece for the camera lens to focus on but then if a barlow was used you could get a close up too :lol:

James :moon:

Hi Caz,

That a fantastic shot! Amazing detail on the craters.

Do you know why the lower half is out of focus? you said 25mm EP - so are you using EP projection? is the camera hand held or held in place using one of the Steady Pix adapters?

If thats the case then it looks to me like the camera was very slightly "not" parallel with the EP.

Doesn't change the fact that it's a great image!

Ant

Cracking image that Caz, one to be proud of even without editing exposure looks good, focus seems spot on to me (allways the hardest bit), watch out though once you start this imaging lark it's addictive ! :lol:, now you've taken your first steps over to the dark side of astronomy there's no turning back !, muwhahahaha.

Alan

Cracking image that Caz, one to be proud of even without editing exposure looks good, focus seems spot on to me (allways the hardest bit), watch out though once you start this imaging lark it's addictive ! :), now you've taken your first steps over to the dark side of astronomy there's no turning back !, muwhahahaha.

Alan

I did try to warn her, but would she listen? Would she heck! :lol:

naz :)

Archived