Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

EQ6 with 9 pin DSUB and RJ12 'guide' port - which to use for asiair usb eqmod cable ?

powerlord

hi chaps, I've just bought another EQ6. 7 or 8 years old, so unlike my other 2020 one, no USB. It has the dsub port that the handcontroller plugs into, and it has an RJ12 'guide' port.

I've had a look around and both cables seem to be available for 'eq6', plus there's talk of ones that plug in to the hand controller, so I thought the quickest way of find out which EQDIR/MOD cable I need is to ask here.

I do have an azgti one.. but don't want to just try it in case 12v goes where it shouldn't.

stu

right, would i be right in that:

- i can get a usb to dsub, connect asiair direct to mount, forget about handset. and it's same as my eq6-r pro

- i can get a usb to rj12, connect asiair to handset 'universal port' and work that way - but that seems pointless as I'll never use the handset

I'm hoping im right, as just ordered the usb to dsub from FLO.. along with a dual adm plate (came with adm losmandy, so got the puck, just need a new plate).