Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Stellamira 90mm ED Triplet auto focuser

Just bought the new Stellamira 90mm ED Triplet and I want to install an autofocuser but the focuser bolt arrangement is very different from the Skywatcher Crayford layout that I'm familiar with, does anyone know what the functions of the bolts on this R&P focuser  are and which ones I can use to attach the focuser bracket with? 

Thanks.

Stellamira 90EDT R&P.jpg

The big thumbscrew is used for adding tension to the focuser. If you focused manually you would tighten this down to hold the position. Its typically removed when adding an aotofocuser bracket. The 2 x M4* bolts hold the focusing assembly to the scope. You can remove these and actually spin it around so the knobs are on opposite sides of the scope. Handy if your left handed etc. This is the same focuser I have had on every refractor Ive owned (apart from Redcat). I use a DeepSkyDad AF3 and he does a bracket that will fir this exactly. You wont even need to remove the 2 x M4* bolts as he uses the grub screw holes and the thumbscrew hole.

* I think their M4 from memory *

• 3 weeks later...
41 minutes ago, Len1257 said:

Considering this OTA and it would be helpful to know which grubscrew holes are used?

The thumbscrew hole and the one opposite it in the picture above. With the DSD AF3 bracket at least, you don't remove any grub screws from the focus assembly. Can't say for sure how other auto focusers are mounted.

• Thanks 1