Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Upgrades…not much to report, and just a photo or three…

Couple of simple upgrades to my 6” dob to fit 9 x 50 raci and Rigel quickfinder (both purchased through FLO).  Was considering upgrading the dob as a whole but I do like it and happy with what I’ve done here for now (and hoping to avoid cricked neck syndrome….)

32304D43-131F-4CF5-BC56-6D7174C7D5CD.jpeg

C8E07B4E-06FE-4F9D-B782-C7FA46365F0B.jpeg

68DF33DA-F8E4-48AA-9030-85C1BC74FDD0.jpeg

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Orange Smartie said:

Looking good! If someone could also get round to inventing a right-angled Rigel or Telrad as well, I'd be happy.

Tele Vue did something like that - at a price !!!:

https://www.televue.com/engine/TV3b_page.asp?id=40

There used to be a right angled mirror adapter for the Telrad as well but I'm not sure that it is still available :icon_scratch:

• Like 1

Just managed to get out as skies were clear to grab a look at the crescent moon, giving me a chance to precisely align the Rigel and focus the raci for when I’ve got the old specs on.  Very impressed by both, gonna make things a whole lot easier methinks.  I also just got myself a Svbony 10 - 30 zoom and that was showing really nice views of the lunar surface…okay not as good as my individual focal lengths but more than passable.

• Like 1