SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Markarians Chain 22x300s ISO800 BnW

Psychobilly

After spending most of the night making Lunin Movies I decided to do an "exploratory" on Markarians Chain Region to check the framing that I have been considering (from the Sky6)

Black and White Negative image of Markarians Chain region just to play fuzzy hunting from 1000D Megrez72 FF III

No darks flats bias etc ... just a quick process after a long and sleepless night and now in WORK :lol:

Billy....

Cheers chaps :lol:

It was too close to luna last night and some thin high cloud ... need to get on it earlier in the night when its in a darker part of the sky for me... will have a closer look at the framing tonight if anything possibly need to move up slightly...

Billy...

Very nice Peter, youve got alot of galaxies there. As you say W1KD image:):lol:

Your image has answered one thing thats been puzzling me, I thought it was down to my modification but it appears to be generic with the 1000D. The bottom of the FOV appears to be shaded and your negative image shows it well. Flats get rid of it but I was thinking about stripping the camera again to investigate.

Phil

Great shot Peter. I took a few snaps of this the other night after Lulin, but I think I need to get my subs up to get a result like this! Out of interest what did you frame the shot on? I did a one-star alignment with the EQ6 on Arcturus, then did a goto slew to NGC4438 (one of "the eyes").

Phil,

I have another theory on this as i get it with all my camera... and have palyed with a solution...

I think it could be due to a very slight drift in dec which is to samll to be detected iby the autoguider, a similar thing happens on one side of the images as well... I have deliberately rotated the Guidecam slightly in the past and it made things better but I haven't "wasted" enough imaging time on this to prove it yet...

Dave,

I usually decide on the co-ords of the center of the FOV and the camera rotation in the Sky6...

I have all my Camera,scope,barlow& educer combos defined as FOV indicators I then play with framiugn until I am happy. I have a scale on the Rotation part of the FFIII so i can dial in the rotation of the camera to match that from the Sky6 software.

I only make small tweaks if I cant find a guidestar (which is pretty rare)

Billy...

I looked at doing the same last night but the FoV indicator I have on Starry Night showed that I would not be able to get as many galaxies int he 350d FoV. Is the 350d sensor a diffrent size to the 100d or is my FoV wrong? I was going to use the ED80 & 350d

Hi Craig,

I use the Megrez 72 with the FFIII as my widefield setup so was imaging at a much shorter FL than you would have been with the ED80.. I never bother changing this setup I soemtimes swap the two cameras between scopes thats it...

Billy...

I should have mentioned I have a WO FFII in the chain as well. If the moon ever dissapers on the same night as a clear one I might try this with the ZS66 FFII & 350d, thats as wide a field as I can go!

afetr a little uggly sleep I went out to the obs and used the light box to take flast and added them together with "library" darks and bias frames into the processing mix

Craig If you want to see what a 66 with a FF should give you have a look at this one...

http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/PsychoBillyUK/AstroPhotography#5196068881843183874

Billy...

No Probs Craig... its certainly a busy piece of sky.... those were identified by Taff and myself by eye.... as this was beofre I had signed up for astronometry.net .

I gave up when we got to 50 and that's only 6x300s but under moonless skies...it was one of the first images I took of my pier before the obs got built around it.... I used it like that for a few month whilst waitng for "planning"...

Billy....

Ah of course thats how I had seen it before, I found it in another link you posted before! I did not realise it was your image, sorry! Do you have a normal image of it instead of the inverse?

Cheers Kev,

Good advert for a lightbox though... if you compare the first and last images... I took 40 flats 4 groups of 10 rotating the lightbox 90 degrees between sets...

I used darks and bias from my "libraries" not "ideal" but better than nothing...

Billy...

Archived