SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Found signs of life

Elp

Was imaging away on Wednesday night, first time since November due to weather and got to try out my new mono camera properly. Got a bit carried away trying multiple targets, Pleiades, Andromeda, Flame Nebula, Heart Nebula.

Then a strange thing happened.

I pointed Eastward toward M3 globular cluster, the telescope was pointing very near (though not at) an LED lamppost probably two hand widths to the top right of the light source. Then the following:

Life.thumb.jpg.38ab80b78c9937b505255b0c3d212413.jpg

I took another image as a double take and again it was a similar result.

Strange as the scope wasn't pointing at an object, just the sky. So I moved it to M53 close by and the cluster was imaged as expected.

What could it be?

Or is my scope so powerful I've stumbled across alien life?

Edited by Elp

Re-uploaded the image. Really don't know, all I did was slew to a new target in the sky.

Perhaps there's an advanced species somewhere taking high resolution images of us and wondering what we're all doing.

3 minutes ago, david_taurus83 said:

What camera is it? Those dots look like their on the sensor. 

183mm pro. If it is the sensor can I use anything to clean it with or leave it be? Just looked at the camera earlier, front window could do with a clean.

1 minute ago, Elp said:

183mm pro. If it is the sensor can I use anything to clean it with or leave it be? Just looked at the camera earlier, front window could do with a clean.

Start with that at least. Take some flats as that should also pick them up. Hopefully it's just dust and lint particles on the cover glass.