Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

About a year to the day since I got my first telescope

It's been a fascinating year in the hobby - learning every week. From not knowing anything about telescopes, the sky, imaging, stacking, etc - to where I am now.

From my first post asking for advice on scope choice:

It's been a great experience learning, and very much helped by all the kind people on here.

To my first questions once I got it on 7th January last year:

I wanted to share one photo that I think sums up what, a year ago, I thought would be impossible to achieve.

Back in March I shot the Rosette Nebula for the first time. With my DSLR. I'd had 3 months to realise I like imaging and wanted to do more. I though it was amazing, magical, awe inspiring. And I looked at other pictures - like @carastro 's pictures and some of the ones I could find online - the animal parade! - amazing.

Though I was amazed by what I shot, I could also see just how far I was from reaching that level.

I did a video merging between my rosette and one from the internet to show how far I still was from what I could get to:

Well, back into Rosette season again, and I think I can finally be happy that I've got there. processed in Siril and Affinity.

rosette.final.thumb.jpg.9dad4b4a2c43e0f4035cdbbb034a8aed.jpg

Now that I have achieved my goal, I can now sell the house full of telescopes, cameras and mounts I have accumulated and find another hobby.

only kidding. 😛

happy new year all.

stu

• Like 6