Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Finally a bit of astronomy, resulting in a bit of M45

Shibby

I've been away from astronomy and SGL for far too long. I don't have a great excuse to be honest, other than having kids!

How are you all keeping? Good I hope? Some great images knocking about on the forum :)

The lovely skies last night finally tempted me back out there and I was pleasantly surprised to find all the hardware still working reasonably well (once a loose cable had been diagnosed). I kept it unambitious and decided to test out the kit on a quick grab of the nice, bright Pleiades. This is just 30x240s of luminance:

Pleiades-L-output.thumb.png.c28fed22ac866dfcea24e232f6e7cc47.png

• Like 9

Welcome back and great shot! The kids thing is difficult two small ones here as well but as soon as they in bed if it’s clear I am out! Only the Mrs is not too happy about that I tell her she married into me but also astrophotography… it’s a package deal!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SamAndrew said:

Glad to know you managed to find some time; our 2nd is on the way in a few months, don't see myself doing any astrophotography for a long time!

I think the problem is that first year of sleep depravation teaches you to grab sleep whenever you get the chance, then that's a difficult habit to drop!