Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Zoom for night vision with PVS-14

Just received a nifty little adapter from RAF Camera which allows me to use the MkIV Baader zoom for night vision with the PVS-14 (thread details shown in first image). Unlike the TeleVue/TNVC adapter, this one screws directly onto the top of the eyepiece, once you’ve removed the rubber eye guard. So very solid. Should be fun zooming in on globular clusters, even if the Baader will likely prove too powerful for most nebulae from my light polluted garden.

85009223-4776-4EB1-BF94-46082BE9062A.jpeg

E846088C-601B-4790-A02A-6B292DF5589B.jpeg

46087E12-D198-47DA-A012-1A34652316A4.jpeg

• Like 4

15 hours ago, Deadlake said:

Would it work with the new APM zoom???

If the APM zoom has a T2 thread at the top - yes. But you’ll get no benefit from the wider fov of the APM. and its limited range mean the Baader is a better fit for the PVS-14 in my view.

34 minutes ago, Highburymark said:

If the APM zoom has a T2 thread at the top - yes. But you’ll get no benefit from the wider fov of the APM. and its limited range mean the Baader is a better fit for the PVS-14 in my view.

I think is Dioptrix compatible. 

2 hours ago, Highburymark said:

So the APM zoom should be fine with the original TNVC adapter in that case. Good that we’re getting a few non-TeleVue options for eyepieces with the PVS-14. 

APM UFF EP's also feature an M34 thread where digi scoping adapters exist. Need to look at M44.5 thread for XWA range.

Edited by Deadlake
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...