SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

NGC 1333 13 hours later.

alan potts

I have now collected 13 hours on this though I have lost a chunk as hazy cloud I felt was spoiling the finished capture, maybe there are still a few but with over 200 3 minute subs I got a bit fed up of looking so went with a percentage selection to hopefully weed them out. I do feel that having read something Olly wrote some time ago, something like, I use to do 3 captures a night now I do 3 nights on one capture, and followed it my work has improved a tad.

247559266_Autosavecopy.thumb.jpg.9cc2f9a700c272cfbbc9537364e20a8c.jpg

Feel free to comment on processing which is an area many can always improve on. I have tried to keep it feeling natural

Alan

• Like 20

Wow, you've really caught the dust there, Alan.  Nice work!

It might be my screen (or imagination!) but there seem to be some darker artefacts on the left edge and I wonder if these are interfering slightly with the dynamic range.  perhaps cropping them out and re-balancing would show a different result?

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, almcl said:

Wow, you've really caught the dust there, Alan.  Nice work!

It might be my screen (or imagination!) but there seem to be some darker artefacts on the left edge and I wonder if these are interfering slightly with the dynamic range.  perhaps cropping them out and re-balancing would show a different result?

No your correct it is where having shot this target about 5 nights and have not lined up spot on, could also be artifacts from dither. Thanks for the kind words and I will redo it.

Alan

3 minutes ago, scotty38 said:

Great image and yep as above I can see the artifacts both sides here.

Your correct too, maybe from dither or the fact that I spent a few nights on it and only ever line up by eye, not a very good eye in this case.

Alan.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, astro mick said:

Great work Alan,you have definately captured more dust than me.It is a lovey thing though.

Mick.

My sky generally is superb Mick, and I get about 11 degrees on your location, it all helps. You can always add to your data and I am sure you will brush my effort aside very soon,

Alan