Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Celestron Price Increases

FLO

Celestron have increased their prices to reflect higher manufacturing and distribution costs.

They say our backordered stock will be supplied at pre-increase prices only if delivered to us before end of Jan.

At FLO we want to assure all our customers with existing backorders their order will be fulfilled at pre-increase prices. Regardless of when delivered 🙂 

So if you already have a Celestron product on backorder at FLO - the higher prices will not affect you. 

Thank-you for your patience and understanding during these extraordinary times. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

When updating our product descriptions we have set what we consider sensible prices (lower than SRP) but will monitor competitor's prices over the coming days and weeks to ensure we remain competitive. It often takes around a month for prices to settle. 

• Like 1

Wow, prices have really increased since I bought my Evolution 9.25 five years ago. It now costs nearly £1,100 more! Obviously it's not FLO's fault but I was surprised at how much prices have gone up.

Edited by Philter
  • Sad 1

40 minutes ago, Philter said:

Wow, prices have really increased since I bought my Evolution 9.25 five years ago. It now costs nearly £1,100 more! Obviously it's not FLO's fault but I was surprised at how much prices have gone up.

Some big increases - I bought my EdgeHD 8" and AVX in August 2019. So in just 30 months:

• EdgeHD and AVX   +30%
  • Starsense +50%
  • Skyportal +46%
  • Reducer +14%
  • Celestron Focuser motor + 14%

The first three in particular dwarf some of the prices rises in Skywatcher kit seen over the last couple of years (I bought an 80ed in March 2020 and that is only up 20% !)

9 minutes ago, gilesco said:

I'd expect SkyWatcher price increases soon too.

Celestron is owned by Synta, and Synta also owns SkyWatcher.

We are anticipating the same, though the importer/distributor has not yet confirmed this. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I'm not saying it's the case here, but I think there is going to be a lot of profiteering from the Covid pandemic. 

You could see it during 2020 & 21, when companies used it as an excuse to lower their standards, response times and service.

• Like 1

It's going to take years for the world to recover from the collapse of the 'just in time' stock and manufacturing regimes. What little is available is now largely in the wrong place, and the shipping containers required to shift them are in another place.

The words "unforseen", "emergency" and "resilience" aren't in the dictionaries of most or the manufacturing sector.