Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

QHY5L-II-C Weird issue

PeterCPC

I set up last night as it was the first clear night in ages and all was fine until I tried to get PHD running. It said that there was no camera. Now bearing in mind that I have been using my QHY for years with no issues at all I was somewhat confounded. I tried loads of things but only managed to get it going again by going to QHYCCD and downloading "all in one pack".

I cannot understand why this would have happened but worth bearing in mind if you use a QHY5 yourself. I found myself being Victor Meldrew when it happened - " I don't believe it", on the first clear night.

On 05/01/2022 at 08:46, PeterCPC said:

I set up last night as it was the first clear night in ages and all was fine until I tried to get PHD running. It said that there was no camera. Now bearing in mind that I have been using my QHY for years with no issues at all I was somewhat confounded. I tried loads of things but only managed to get it going again by going to QHYCCD and downloading "all in one pack".

I cannot understand why this would have happened but worth bearing in mind if you use a QHY5 yourself. I found myself being Victor Meldrew when it happened - " I don't believe it", on the first clear night.

Cant really help more that to say that this is a common issue with the OSC version of that perticular camera and I am not sure what the solution is, you may have to look for older drivers.

Adam

7 hours ago, Adam J said:

Cant really help more that to say that this is a common issue with the OSC version of that perticular camera and I am not sure what the solution is, you may have to look for older drivers.

Adam

Thanks Adam but, as I said, the all in one pack solved it.

That's really odd as my qhy5111 had been working flawless up until I upgraded to phd2 newest version so installed the all in one again... it did flag up that it wasn't working but it was so I just let it run... 

Mine is a mono cam and the 111 so nothing to do with "common issue with the OSC version of that perticular camera"