Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Confused with 20 year old lidl EQ mount

In the time it took me to download a copy of 'File Viewer Plus' to display that (Apple format) image, someone has converted it and someone else has identified it!

Yes, LIDL has for some time sold Bresser scopes with mounts of differing robustness. That looks like their "Astro-3", which has the potential for fitting an electric drive. I presume you don't have the manual, because that does identify the parts.

See also here:

Edited by Zermelo
typo

20 minutes ago, Zermelo said:

In the time it took me to download a copy of 'File Viewer Plus' to display that (Apple format) image, someone has converted it and someone else has identified it!

Yes, LIDL has for some time sold Bresser scopes with mounts of differing robustness. That looks like their "Astro-3", which has the potential for fitting an electric drive. I presume you don't have the manual, because that does identify the parts.

See also here:

Thanks,  that's really helpful. Manual was lost way before I owned it!

IIRC I bought a cheap battery-powered drive for mine and it attached to the side of the mount not visible in the photo. It was not a very good RA drive. 🙁

See 'Meade Motor drive' post in this forum section for a similar setup.

Edited by Cosmic Geoff