SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

ANYONE SEEN ANY QUADRANTIDS THIS EVENING YET?

Monday 2nd Jan I did a bit of meteor watching, the sky was clear for a few hours.  

After 40mins observing from the garden, and not a single meteor I went to bed as it was 1am.

Edited by scotty1

11 hours ago, scotty1 said:

Monday 2nd Jan I did a bit of meteor watching, the sky was clear for a few hours.  

After 40mins observing from the garden, and not a single meteor I went to bed as it was 1am.

Thanks scotty, the Quadrantis have a sharp maximum, so It's not really surprising.

I was trying to find Comet 67P with a DSLR camera and tripod. I couldn't locate it, so gave up and tried a few M42 shots.

I think I may of seen that meteor you captured,  from here it was in the east, and heading south. It wasn't very bright from my location. 

I was outside between 22.30-23.20

13 hours ago, scotty1 said:

I was trying to find Comet 67P with a DSLR camera and tripod. I couldn't locate it, so gave up and tried a few M42 shots.

I think I may of seen that meteor you captured,  from here it was in the east, and heading south. It wasn't very bright from my location. 

I was outside between 22.30-23.20

Cool,

That capture of mine was at 2022-01-04T22-57-41-874 (precisely!) So basically just before 11pm/

15 hours ago, AstroKeith said:

And then a beauty came through

Screenshot 2022-01-04 at 23.13.51.png

I think that's the one my girlfriend told me she'd seen. It was blue and white. I missed seeing them as the skies weren't great here so I stayed indoors

Saw one around 11pm. I was out observing the Orion nebula with the scope and at one point when just looking up I  saw  a middling-bright meteor to the East of Orion heading South (down).