Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Oiii sub of Sadr region

tooth_dr

1 hour ago, tooth_dr said:

Is there much Oiii in the Sadr region - would you mind posting single subs, ideally with an IMX571 sensor, 300s, but happy for anything posted in Oiii just to see.

Many thanks

Adam.

I did the Sadr region in SHO back in September Adam. From memory, I think there's more Sii than Oiii, but I'd need to check my subs again to be sure. 

We're away for the holidays right now, but due home tomorrow. I'll post up a sub tomorrow night from my SW80ed, Qhy268m and Baader 2" 8.5nm filter. I think I was shooting 6 min subs. 

Ps - Happy New Year! 😃

• Like 1

18 hours ago, tooth_dr said:

Is there much Oiii in the Sadr region - would you mind posting single subs, ideally with an IMX571 sensor, 300s, but happy for anything posted in Oiii just to see.

Many thanks

Adam.

Here you go Adam. Single 6 min calibrated sub of Oiii (2" Baader 8.5nm) using the Qhy268m and ED80. Turns out it actually is quite faint after all (although it does stack up ok). 

2nd pic is the same only in Sii (again 2" Baader 8nm). More signal in the Sii channel.

Both have had the same DDP stretch straight out of APP, and nothing else. 

1) Oiii

Butterfly_Nebula_360sec_No_ISO_filter0_Oiii_2_frame1-cal-St.thumb.jpg.278180f19fcee91a3c6c24425b030682.jpg

2) Sii

Butterfly_Nebula_360sec_No_ISO_filter0_Sii_1_frame8-cal-St.thumb.jpg.50d97b97e9020d44a96aa87282fbd761.jpg

• Like 1