Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Looking back on old data when its cloudy

Trevor N

Probably like most others, I have been stuck under cloud for what seems like weeks . A chance at least to look over some old data. This was taken back in May with a 180 mac but its not been stitched together or processed before. Keeps me amused while we wait for better weather !!!

Happy new year to all. 

Terminator May 2021.bmp

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Trevor N said:

Probably like most others, I have been stuck under cloud for what seems like weeks . A chance at least to look over some old data. This was taken back in May with a 180 mac but its not been stitched together or processed before. Keeps me amused while we wait for better weather !!!

Happy new year to all. 

Terminator May 2021.bmp 6.15 MB · 7 downloads

Funny you saying that. ive been doing same all afternoon. Great minds think alike. Good detail in that Trevor. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Trevor N said:

Thanks Neil. I try to keep data for a while now. I had a bad habit of clearing the decks after the first process but it often seems worthwhile to have another go at a later date. 

A good idea is to get a HD drive. WD elements is good. I have a 7 TB one here. Speed not as fast as SSD. But quick enough to archive a lot of data. I also have a 500 GB Samsung T7 thats quite quick. When lunar imaging, i can kill my Hard drive. some 400 GBs i then download the lot to the T7. So in one sitting that gives me 800GBs to use on lunar imaging in one night. Of course i have to have a break to download the first batch onto the T7 SSD but its only 15 mins. enough time to make a cuppa and get back out there. 

• Like 1