SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Imaging results

Tony1967

Hi all I recent  took some images of the orion nebula  with  my  meade 14" and my zwo asi533,  when I uploaded  the image  into gimp the image was black  and white,  so the following  night I used my redcat 51and the resulting image  was in colour, I used the same settings  on both nights, 180 second exposures, gain 100, offset 70, does anyone  know why this could have  happened,  would  it have anything to do with the different  f/ratio of the 2 telescopes. Thanks  in advance. 

The image was in colour after I stacked them, when I went to edit the stacked image  in gimp it was black and white, I kept the same settings  after I switched scopes  to the redcat  and the images from that were ok, I checked  the settings  in apt and the debayer box is checked.

Haven't used GIMP in a while but if it works anything like in Photoshop have you checked under the image menu or something along the lines of "mode" to make sure it's set to RGB? If they're in colour after stacking the colour data would not just disappear from the file.

I'm using  dss for stacking,  the image  from my redcat are colour when  I put them in gimp for processing but they're black and white when using my 14" using the same camera and settings,  I've got to check  the settings  in gimp but I've never altered anything  in there Inbetween swapping scopes!