Narrowband

Tecnosky 152/900 V3 or TS-Optics 6" f/5.9 Refractor- binoviewer

Hi friends!

Quick question please, if any of you have bought recently one of the 2 refractors, would these 2 have enough focus to accommodate a binoviewer without GPC?

I have read here that in the past, the V1 refractor had a huge focus, able to accommodate  a binoviewer even with 2" diagonal but the newer versions/ lighter seems having a thinner and longer tube which does not allow this

Thanks a lot, clear skies!

I have the Altair version of this scope and WO binoviewer and need to use the x2 GPC. I cannot get to focus with the x1.6 so no chance of focus without a GPC.

I use a Takahashi diagonal with short light path too although I could still get to focus with the x2 using a 2" WO diagonal too.

As an aside my recently sold Stellamira would reach focus with the Tak and x1.6 but not with the WO and x1.6.

Edited by scotty38
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Hi Scotty!

Just looking again on TS website (i presume is the same scope) and it seems that there is a little more space - approx. 149 mm from the 2" receptacle and approx. 174 mm from the M68 thread

if you use a short adapter from M68 to M42 and use 1 short Baader 1.25 diagonal, wouldn't work? 174mm will be on the edge but may work

thank you!

• 2 months later...

Hi!

I am re-opening the discussion- I have asked Teleskop-Service, and they have been very helpful- they confirmed that with a " T2 90° diagonal, an M68 to T2 adapter will work. Unfortunately you have to rotate the whole setup by loosening the knurled screw from the focuser, but it works fine" 

Can someone confirm, who has this telescope?

Thank a lot!

• 4 weeks later...

Currently, I did an upgrade to my 120/600 achro to accommodate a binoviewer; still waiting for the Maxbright to come- it is a large delay on supply

I spent more on the focuser and adapters than on the refractor 

On the other hand, I have read nice reviews about the 150 F5.9 refractor above and just wanted to see someone using the shortest optical path (T2/ T2 to M68 short adapter) to see if can accommodate binoviewer, without starting to change focusers/ cutting tube and so on

• 1 month later...

There a 102 APO from tecnosky that fits the bill for binos. Aperture maybe too small for your wishes, but it allow part of the rear of the tube to screw off, then you reattach the focuser to accommodate longer path length adaptions. Its the SLD apo, so an FPL53 upgrade from the standard APO from Tecnosky.

Its the SLD102APO model. Focuser looks decent also, classic black and white.

• Thanks 1