SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Mini first session with the TS bins

bomberbaz

I was coming back from the shop a short while since and I suddenly spotted Orion sitting in clear sky and so thought, bino's time.

I slapped the TS 82's onto my tripod which is fitted with a mangrotto type fluid head, it isn't an ideal mounting solution and is only temporary awaiting delivery of the permanent one but it is ok on hard standing only looking into orion.

Anyway, popped a couple of 24mm eyepieces in which give x20 and almost 3.5 degree fov and got on with 10 minutes of panning around orion in the area of and below the belt. 

It was murky by the time I managed to set up in all of five minutes, fluff's of cloud passing through and so the view seesawed between clear & then murked up again. However I saw enough to realise I should have got myself some proper astro big bins years ago.

So another area of astronomy to which I am definitely hooked.

• Like 8

• 9 months later...

Congratulations on buying some fine BT  (Binocular-Telescope).  I see you have a SkyTee 2, a sturdy L bracket would complement these nicely, I can't tell you how many times I’ve added these to my shopping cart only to find the tumble dryers packed in or the car needed new tyres etc. 😂