SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Skytee II mount

Hi Dave, that looks right, however, I never use a pillar as this tends to affect the balance of the setup.  In my picture above the smaller scope on an AZ5 mount (my wife's scope) came with a pillar, but we decided that it was too unsteady and set the mount straight on the tripod.  The SktTee II is heavy so I would presume you would set this straight on the tripod, as my Newt is on the original EQ5 tripod.

Edited by rwilkey

7 minutes ago, Dave scutt said:

Thanks rwilkey.

It did shake a bit when focusing but I didn't want to lay on the floor when looking up at zenith thought it might be just the right height for sitting down 

That's true, but my wife is always moving the scope complete with tripod etc in and out of doors and her setup was top heavy with the pillar, so it all depends what you find most comfortable, we are both of the older generation so we go very careful with how we manage our scopes.

• Thanks 1