Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Telescope transportation method

3 minutes ago, Dragon0522 said:

Hello, I just bought a Celestron Nexstar 130 slt, but I'm at a loss as to how I'm going to transport it.

Does anyone have any recommendations???

Where and how will you be transporting it? In a car or on public transport for example?

I tend to use padded soft cases for mine from Geoptik but there are plenty of options out there, FLO do a brand called Oklop which has one for a 130mm Newt I think.

https://www.firstlightoptics.com/telescope-bags-cases-storage/oklop-padded-bag-for-130mm-650mm-newtonians.html

It's a similar spec to a 130pds which I store in a Kathmandu trolley/backpack rucksack. Only downside is as it's a trolley hybrid bag it's a little heavier than a backpack only due to its construction. Benefit is it has wheels if you can utilise that. Add in a cut up to size dense yoga mat and you have all the padding you need.

Edited by Elp