Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hello from Burgess Hill, UK

SirLancelot4711

Hi all,

I've just recently rediscovered my love for the stars. Used to have a crappy department store refractor telescope many years ago but bought myself a half-decent dobsonian just recently. I managed to take some photos of the moon through the eyepiece with my smartphone a few days ago when there was a brief gap in the clouds. I can't wait for a proper clear night with this thing.

I would love to get into astrophotography but want to take it slowly and not buy a ridiculous amount of equipment before even knowing what to do with it. I have access to my wife's Canon EOS 600D on a basic mount and standard lenses and will start playing around with that and then upgrade as I go.

If there is anyone from the Mid Sussex area, I would love to get some recommendations on viewing spots in the area - I think I read somewhere that Ditchling beacon might be a good spot.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...