Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

My First Images on Forum Please be Gentle

Taff

Don't need to be gentle Mark. These images are lot better than my first attempts at astro photography! As Dave says they are slightly out of focus, but nothing that practice won't improve.

As John suggests it would be useful if you could give some details - scope, camera, exposure times etc.

Look forward to your next images.

MD

You have done very well indeed Mark.

These are very good mate. As John said, the focus could be a tad off, but experience will improve that for you.

I like to see open clusters, and you have two of the best here. The M35 one also shows another faint one, ngc2158, which is a great deal further away than M35.

A great job for your first images.

Ron.:lol:

Sorry for got off the details

8'' F5 Rflector

Canon D300 unmoded

No Filters

M42 1600 iso frames 8X15 secs

M35 1600 iso frames 8X15 secs

M44 1600 iso frames 8X15 secs

M42 800 iso frames 8X15 secs

M35 800 iso frames 8X15 secs

M44 800 iso frames 8X15 secs

Mark

Very good first effort (makes me blush to remember my first image which resembled nothing so much as a heap of frogspawn...:lol: ). As the others have said you need to work at that focus a bit and you'll get some real crackers! What are you using, if anything, for focus?

Hi Pete' i'm useing a 8'' F5 Reflecter the camera is a canon D300 unmoded.Prime focus with trigger and a battery focuser.Mark
Have you tried a Hartmann mask - or, possibly even better though a lot more trouble to make, a Bahtinov mask? I for sure couldn't focus for toffee* until I adopted the Hartmann. I haven't tried the Bahtinov yet - thinking about it...

*in fact that's more or less how my images came out...

Hiya Mark,

I remeber my first DSO image was of M42...well, it was meant to be - it just looked like ink spilled on the mat!!

These are very good first images Mark - images to be proud of.

Well done. Onwards and upwards now!

Barry.

Archived