SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

successful mission, got the whole family out.

crepitis

I couldnt believe that we had a clear sky tonight as the local weather forecast was for rain.

I took my Skwatcher 200 out from the shed and set it up before nipping out to the shops.

Skies stayed clear and I had some great views, my main target was Saturn, as i havent had an opportunity this year to observe the Ringed giant,.

Even with the rings almost side-on Saturn was as always a magnificent view, and was the catalyst to attract the wife and kids away from the TV .

They were certainly pleased with their views and were quite excited to be able to see some of the planets moons.

The Orion nebula, the Pleiades , sirius, and finally some extended viewing of the Moon completed their night, and frost-bitten and frozen they retreated back to the house.

I can barely remember a colder march night around here and when ice began forming on the scope tube I decided to call it a day.

Roll on the Summer, with warmer nights and a whole new set of astronomical delights to savour.

Pity it doesnt get dark here untill after 11 PM and then there are the Midges to contend with ....:lol::blob8:

Archived