SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

TPO 180 ultra wide

Does anyone have experience with the TPO 180 ultra wide?  It’s a double ED triplet that shoots at f4.5 and 180 mm (I think it’s 2.25”). It only costs about $800 and looks great. I am considering getting it for wide field imaging with asi 1600.  I considered a 6 element 55 or 71 mm scope but they shoot at 250 mm and cost $1850. I I though if the radian raptor, but that shoots at 275 mm. I already can shoot at 318mm, so I want as wide as possible with my camera.  It’s either that or replace the asi 1600 with the 2600.  That would actually be almost twice the cost.  The only thing I don’t like is even with 3.8um pixels, the pixel scale will be around 4.5 arcsec/pix. When I shoot at 318mm it’s 2.46, which is respectable. So I guess the question is should I shoot 4 panel mosaics or get the TPO 180 ultra wide.  

Edited by Rodd