SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

IC410 (Tadpoles) HaRGB - 15 Dec 2021

geoflewis

Hi everyone,

Due to a combination of months of poor weather and my focus (no pun intended) on planetary imaging during late summer / early autumn, this is my first DSO image for over 6 months. I captured 1.5h each LRGB and 4 hours Ha, but the L actually reduced the signal in the nebula, so this is an HaRGB image with Ha added to red, not used as luminence. It was captured with my TSAPO100Q (4" quad) and QSI583wsg camera.

IC410_HaRGB(combineStars)(Crop).thumb.jpg.5553529b687aca18a9dbbe5dc33c9855.jpg

This target present better in NB false colours, which will show the tapoles more clearly, but I'm primarily an RGB imager, so other than Ha (to enhance red) I don't have any NB filters.

NB there's an asteroid trail seen as an almost horizontal line (starting red, then green which show most prominently, then blue) just below the centre of the image.

Thanks for looking.

• Like 9

9 hours ago, Sunshine said:

Great capture! I see something green near the middle, what is it? maybe some reflection or lens anomaly? when i increase the size it seems like a green line.

Thanks. I mentioned the green feature in my narrative. I think it was a passing asteroid; if you look closely the line is in fact red, then green, then blue, moving left to right, which is the order in which I captured the RGB subs. The gaps in the line will be where some subs were rejected from the stack after grading.

• Like 1