Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Red dot finder for standard finder shoe

I know its rediculously expensive and it would need a shoe adapter, but the TV Starbeam won my heart years ago. I didn't think it would, but the flip mirror on the Starbeam is a wonderful thing, as it allows you to see the red dot in the centre of a wide star field near the zenith without straining. 

• Like 2

Been looking for a lightweight red dot and optical finder combination for my Tak FS-60.
Until I come up with something better I’ve got a Baader Skysurfer III integrated with a Tak finder and ADM style quick release bracket.

The Skysurfer comes with a number of different (plastic) brackets which will fit a standard shoe.
I was also looking at a Lacerta RDF but the SS III was cheaper.

03E4E24B-DA0D-4CFC-AB47-F50D1A226DDE.jpeg

Edited by jock1958
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, mikeDnight said:

I know its rediculously expensive and it would need a shoe adapter, but the TV Starbeam won my heart years ago. I didn't think it would, but the flip mirror on the Starbeam is a wonderful thing, as it allows you to see the red dot in the centre of a wide star field near the zenith without straining. 

Just googled that now and your right Mike it’s expensive but very intriguing especially with that flip mirror. For that sort of money I image it’s top quality and made to last 🤔

• Like 1