Narrowband

HOORAY - THE DAYS ARE GETTING LONGER!

paulastro

2 hours ago, kirkster501 said:

Yes, I feel the same.  Indeed, I'm not buying any more astronomy equipment.  My last purchase was a Lunt60/B1200 in June and I have used that a heck of a lot more than I have my night time gear.  I'd love to create a FSQ85 and a TEC140 dual rig with two of each scope but it is a complete waste of money in the UK.

It is strange but I use my solar scopes far more than my night time equipment. It is crazy I know. 

• 2 months later...

Two weeks until we switch to daylight savings time in the US.  I know some people hate it, but I much prefer it to standard time.  My internal clock just doesn't function as well on standard time here.  Or maybe it's just the winter gloom and short days that do me in.

Anyway, as another harbinger, I was slewing around Antares the other morning and the Summer Triangle is well up before dawn now.  😀

I’d be quite happy to have GMT all year …. but then I’m odd in believing that midday is actually the middle of the day i.e. time for lunch. As the days get longer in spring I tend to wake up and get up earlier anyway. So I don’t need the hour to shift to make me get up earlier. In fact it often makes me smile when people say the day is an hour shorter when the clocks go back in autumn.  It isn’t of course. 

Edited by Ouroboros

2 minutes ago, Ouroboros said:

As the days get longer in spring I tend to wake up and get up earlier anyway. So I don’t need the hour to shift to make me get up earlier.

Good job you don't live up here then, with twilight all night in the Summer, you'd never get any sleep! 🤣

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, jjohnson3803 said:

Two weeks until we switch to daylight savings time in the US.  I know some people hate it, but I much prefer it to standard time.  My internal clock just doesn't function as well on standard time here.  Or maybe it's just the winter gloom and short days that do me in.

Anyway, as another harbinger, I was slewing around Antares the other morning and the Summer Triangle is well up before dawn now.  😀

I am one of those who have always hated the time change.

Back when I worked on a farm, just when hunting season would begin, time would change and I had to work later then not have time to get in the woods.

Why can't we just split it down the middle and then call it quits?

• Like 1