Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Moon with a large halo

I popped out with the dog and I noticed that there was a very large halo around the moon, much larger than what I have seen before. A combination of light haze and nearly freezing conditions have helped. It looks really symmetric. I grabbed a quick shot with my mobile.

PXL_20211222_002243504.NIGHT.thumb.jpg.74ea98419338835a197edefe204dc0bb.jpg

• Like 6

On 22/12/2021 at 02:30, Kon said:

I popped out with the dog and I noticed that there was a very large halo around the moon, much larger than what I have seen before. A combination of light haze and nearly freezing conditions have helped. It looks really symmetric. I grabbed a quick shot with my mobile.

PXL_20211222_002243504.NIGHT.thumb.jpg.74ea98419338835a197edefe204dc0bb.jpg

It never ceases to amaze me how in our time we have this vast scientific knowledge, at our fingertips, to tap (sic!) into and explain phenomena such as this in a most rational manner both superficially and in great depth, while our ancestors from millennia ago would have only their imaginations to work with and come up with fantastical explanations of spirits and otherworldly creatures or omens of good or bad times to come.

• Like 1