Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Early IC1396

Tim

I must stop this fascination with grabbing the first thing over the eastern horizon of a night time.

However, this particular target is one of my favourites, and although it's not really high enough to do it justice, I thought I'd finish off my last all night session by letting the mount do an easy track of IC1396 while I grabbed a couple of hours sleep.

This is a quick stack and process, I havent checked the image with all the flats and gubbins applied yet, but thought I'd share it anyway because it's come out fairly nice in its own right.

It definetly seems more difficult to me to get much Ha data through the lower parts of the sky and hence more atmosphere, does anybody else find the same?

GSO 8" + QHY8, off axis guided with DSI + PHD, 34 x 400 secs.

Thanks for looking, i'll stick the proper version up a bit later.

post-14037-133877358635_thumb.jpg

Very Rich in color and the contrast is very nice Good Job I tried this a while ago when I used setting circles and never could figure out if it was in my field so had to move to brighter targets

Regards Les

The trick with it Les is to look for the unusual pattern of stars that surround the trunk part, there's a close double in among them which helps.

I was going to get some more data for this tonight, but something else has caught my eye!

Archived