Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

DEC 16 - WORTH A LOOK AT LINE OF SUNSPOTS COMING ON E LIMB

paulastro

2 hours ago, Pete Presland said:

Huge looking group, will look very impressive when it fully rotates around. If we ever get any clear skies again! 

Yes Pete, very dull here this morning as expected but the Met forecast has now changed to indicate reasonable clear periods 🤔.  Have to go out but fingers crossed the forecast is right.  The forecast for the next three days is still dire, fog and heavy cloud 😱.

1 hour ago, paulastro said:

Yes Pete, very dull here this morning as expected but the Met forecast has now changed to indicate reasonable clear periods 🤔.  Have to go out but fingers crossed the forecast is right.  The forecast for the next three days is still dire, fog and heavy cloud 😱.

Yes just looked at that,  you never know though 🙂

Dashed back from town earlier in bright sunshine!  Not so good when I arrived home but managed a view and some snaps with the 80 ED-R and Olympus camera.  It clouded up after a few mts but still forecast to have some sunny intervals later.  The camera is now outside on the 102ED ready to go again if I get the chance, so can't post any pics at the moment.

It's well worth the effort if you have a glimmer of sunshine.  Let's just hope the weather forecast for the next few days isn't correct, it will be even better as they process W, particularly if they develop further.

• Like 2

Well, not a great image but here's one of the pics I managed this morning with some cloud interfering and not great seeing.  Excuses over, I was just glad to see it - they might have all passed off the sun by the time it's clear again!  It made me smile to see the  four ARs 'marching' across the sun in such orderly fashion.

Pic (and crop) a single frame taken at 10.48 am with the Altair 80 ED-R and Olympus camera.  There are actually six ARs but you'll have to look VERY carefully to spot AR2905 and AR2910 N of AR2906. The two tiny spots were affected by some cloud.  AR2910 is visible in the top right corner of the crop.

326135602_PC161170Sunpotsadvancing.thumb.jpg.f0b220a2fbd662acb06df4659ca201aa.jpg

693674675_PC161170Sunpotsadvancingcrop.jpg.62eb53fed7f551be75060d7c4dac7be4.jpg

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, paulastro said:

Well, not a great image but here's one of the pics I managed this morning with some cloud interfering and not great seeing.  Excuses over, I was just glad to see it - they might have all passed off the sun by the time it's clear again!  It made me smile to see the  four ARs 'marching' across the sun in such orderly fashion.

Pic (and crop) a single frame taken at 10.48 am with the Altair 80 ED-R and Olympus camera.  There are actually six ARs but you'll have to look VERY carefully to spot AR2905 and AR2910 N of AR2906. The two tiny spots were affected by some cloud.  AR2910 is visible in the top right corner of the crop.

326135602_PC161170Sunpotsadvancing.thumb.jpg.f0b220a2fbd662acb06df4659ca201aa.jpg

693674675_PC161170Sunpotsadvancingcrop.jpg.62eb53fed7f551be75060d7c4dac7be4.jpg

Really nice Paul. I hope the weather forecast for the coming days is wrong.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Pete Presland said:

Almost looks like a line of Meteor impact scars! Nice to get a record of it Paul, hopefully not the only image we will see.

That's a good analogy Pete. What made me smile when I saw it was that I imagined it was a fleet of Sontaran spacecraft orbiting the Sun before they head off toward earth to invade us 😊.

Edited by paulastro

1 hour ago, Stu said:

Wonderful shot @paulastro, what an amazing series of ARs, I just hope I manage even a quick look at them but it doesn’t look promising.

That's  very kind of you Stu.   I hope you, and everyone else who want to, can get a view.  At least with the sun, it can pop out on the worse okf days, if we are lucky and ready to leap into action. It's a little more difficult of course because of the low latitude, it only struggles up to a little ove 12 degrees up here at the moment.

• Like 1