Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Last night's waxing gibbous

tombardier

I decided to give the thick clouds a long hard stare, for around an hour and a half last night, and they sort of cleared for just long enough to capture 240 seconds of LRGB data!  I discarded the L, as I preferred the R, and so this is the waxing gibbous moon in RRGB.  The captures were 60 seconds per filter, and marred somewhat by thin cloud.  I had to pause every time there was thick cloud, and very little of the footage had truly clear sky!  It was captured using my 254mm f/4.7 blue steel-tubed skywatcher newtonian, with an ASI1600MM, on an AZ-EQ6 GT.  I stacked with AS!3, then went through my really very tedious routine involving both Pixinsight and PlanetarySystemLRGBAligner to get my channels registered together, and finally post-processed in PixInsight.

This was captured between 22:00 and 22:30 last night.  Earlier on in the evening, I'd had a really nice hour of viewing, and just decided later on that I was going to capture some footage; clouds be damned!

luna-waxing-gibbous-15-12-2021-2.png

• Like 2