Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

JWST Countdown To Terror 😳

kirkster501

All good up to now... Uncannily looking like a Christmas tree decoration!Β  πŸ‘

Β 

This project seems to have caught the public's attention. Yesterday my boss put me on the spot during the morning meeting, "Peter you're an astronomer, tell us about this telescope..." After wishing for MS Teams to disconnect, a fifteen strong team of nurses, healthcare assistants and admin staff received a three minute lecture about JWST. Slightly embarrassing. 😬

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

11 minutes ago, ScouseSpaceCadet said:

This project seems to have caught the public's attention. Yesterday my boss put me on the spot during the morning meeting, "Peter you're an astronomer, tell us about this telescope..." After wishing for MS Teams to disconnect, a fifteen strong team of nurses, healthcare assistants and admin staff received a three minute lecture about JWST. Slightly embarrassing. 😬

I bet they loved it! when you can see someone has a passion about something people will be interested regardless. I bet it was a good 3 minutes.

• Like 2

Enjoyed the launch but on the same note quite disappointed. The coverage I thought was very poor compared to what space X produce. By this I mean appart from the first 10 seconds the rest was mostly just computer simulation showing the rocket as it disended and staged :(

Edited by Chefgage
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Chefgage said:

Enjoyed the launch but on the same note quite disappointed. The coverage I thought was very poor compared to what space X produce. By this I mean appart from the first 10 seconds the rest was mostly just computer simulation showing the rocket as it disended and staged :(

Agreed, didn't get to see the boosters land eitherΒ πŸ˜‹

Alan

• Like 1

Unfortunate... But it went, almost immediately, into cloud? πŸ₯³

I suppose they could have flown a plane above the cloud,
but maybe they take no chances re. clearing the airspace?

Some nice (brief) JWST views from above... and receding! πŸ˜‰

Edited by Macavity
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Chefgage said:

Well, it IS a serious scientific project, and not a movie show...😊

Dave

• Like 3