Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Starfield 102mm

I am thinking about adding a refractor to my existing two scopes. I am basically a visual observer but I would like to dip my toes into the imaging field. I like the look of the Starfield 102mm and was wondering whether any members has any experience with this or equivalent scope. Thanks 

• 1 month later...

I was wondering about one of these as a second scope to use with a Quark for solar (the aperture being under that which requires an ERF).

For a doublet, this scope is meant to be very nice indeed and it has a very good focuser, I gather)

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, StuartT said:

I was wondering about one of these as a second scope to use with a Quark for solar (the aperture being under that which requires an ERF).

For a doublet, this scope is meant to be very nice indeed and it has a very good focuser, I gather)

Should work well with a Quark I reckon. Nice scopes and at f7 should be about optimum overall focal ratio.

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

There was a review by Ed Ting, a well known figure in scope reviewing circles in the states. He compared a Tak, ED100 and Technosky version of this scope. I know this going to create a reaction but he said he couldn’t tell the difference optically between the Tak and the Technosky. I am sure lots of people are about to tell me differently, but that’s what he said.

I have tried loads of times to find the YouTube video again but can’t find it. I have even seen someone refer to it on a forum (this one I think) so I haven’t dreamt it. If anyone can find it I would be grateful. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Carl Au said:

There was a review by Ed Ting, a well known figure in scope reviewing circles in the states. He compared a Tak, ED100 and Technosky version of this scope. I know this going to create a reaction but he said he couldn’t tell the difference optically between the Tak and the Technosky. I am sure lots of people are about to tell me differently, but that’s what he said.

I have tried loads of times to find the YouTube video again but can’t find it. I have even seen someone refer to it on a forum (this one I think) so I haven’t dreamt it. If anyone can find it I would be grateful. 

Not sure if you mean this one - he compares an AT115 with a Tak 4"...

5 hours ago, Davesellars said:

I recently bought this scope and have used on various targets (visual only) - DSOs and lunar observations.  For me, it's the perfect complement to the 12" dob.  The quality and optics are imho extremely good.

decent focuser too!