SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Kaler's "Star's and their Spectra"

Merlin66

I love this book! There's so much info it's amazing.

The copy I have is a Cambridge Uni paperback Edit 1997 (transferred to digital printing 2003 - what ever that means?) The only problem is the quality of the illustrations on the paper quality used. They all look washed out...

My question is- has anyone seen a Hardback copy of this book? If so, is it printed on glossy paper and do the illustrations stand out clearly, crisp with good contrast.

I don't want to chase one, pay top dollar just to find the illustration's are no better.

I have a recent paperback edition and agree, the illustrations are dreadful, in many cases unreadable ... so "transferred to digital printing" didn't help. The text is good though, i'm a fan of Kaler's writing. If you like that one, his book "Extreme Stars" is also very good (and much better quality printing!).

Should be able to track down a hardback copy in a couple of weeks time if you don't get an answer before then.

Archived