Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

3 hours ago, Space Explorer said:

on the one mr spock has shown, apparently the 4 black brackets to the top part of the scope can actually be undone and the top part can be securely locked to bottom half, completely enclosing the mirror, has anyone tried that and how did it change your viewing experience? 

Anyone who tries that will not see anything. The shape of the primary mirror determines the exact position the eyepiece must be at. If you do not extend the truss poles the eyepiece will be in the wrong position and the only thing you will see will be the inside of the telescope. 

• Like 1

So I was wondering, the difference between 250p and 250px on the skywatcher and according to many scratched heads back in 2010, it was brought up by paul Hereford (I have seen this name somewhere before) they all came to the conclusion it is because the x is for the pyrex glass that is used, i thought i read somewhere dobs don't use glass to make it more affordable, plus i though x was like here is something extra like eye pieces or something, a deluxe..