Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Sky ShedPod cover

stevebb

Hi,
Bit of a long shot but after re-applying  brand new neoprene seals at the pivot points of my Sky ShedPod following the latest video guide on Wayne's site, I still had about 2 litres of rain finding its way inside (all captured in buckets on either side so no damage done). It does raise the humidity levels though more than i would like. To be fair, it was of course very windy last week and guessing it was a bit of flex on the clamshell and the rain being driven in by the strong winds. But 2 litres is still a lot !

So, plan B .... I am after a Sky ShedPod cover and wondered if anyone has one and might share dimensions or indeed, if they have one for sale ?  I am uncertain who the UK dealer might be for Sky ShedPod or even if there is one anymore ?

I am not sure if  @carastro made one a few years ago though I could be wrong and apologies if I am Carole.

Absolutely love my Sky ShedPod but the rain getting inside is very frustrating as it means I have taken up a bit of floor space with buckets and 5 boxes of Kontrol Krystals trying to keep the humidity levels down. My desiccant dehumidifier does a good job and can reduce the level to under 70% inside 2 hours but at 400w it is costly on the eleccy.

Thanks for reading ....

Steve

Yes I did make a POD cover, and have replied to your E mail.  

I dispensed with the cover after 2 or 3 years as it would get a horrible layer of slimy protoccocus under it in the winter months.   I now use a bucket under each pivot and a dehumidifier sucks up the damp. 

I also suggested adding a small gutter and pipe (the pipe going through the wall to the outside ( I got that idea from some-one else who posted on here), I don't have it myself as I find the bucket and dehumidifier works for me.

It's annoying how these PODs let in the water. 

Carole