SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

My new little toy TS60Apo

google translation

10.12.2021, Matera (Ita)
Late afternoon
FIRST LIGHT of Tecnosky 60/360 ED doublet
ASI178MM @ direct focus first photo and with Barlow Powermate 2.5 x the second, Astronomik IR PASS 748 (only the one with barlow).
Asistudio, AstroSurface
Today the small Tecnosky Refractor AP 60/360 FPL53 OTA was delivered to me. A small doublet that I took, in the Black Friday offer, at a price of about 360 euros, to use it as a multipurpose telescope: terrestrial on tripod, tracking telescope for the FC100DL on SXD2, and in combination with the Daystar Cromosfera to view and record (with due precautions and accessories) the solar disk in its entirety.
The latter possibility has not yet tested it. What can I say ... first of all I say that I am satisfied and whoever knows me (see the patient and good Armando Zurlo, who always advises me professionally) knows that it is not easy to make me happy. Anyone who knows me also knows that only Japanese optics make me happy.
Well .... let's debunk the idyllic atmosphere right away. that is not a Japanese optic (an FS60CB for example), you can see. but let's proceed step by step.
Comes in a carton between two molded polyester blocks. At least it will be easy to find a litter box in the various chinatowns and use the latter to keep the tube. Both to the eye and to the touch, it makes a good impression on itself. The otta is nice and solid. I apply a vixen bar, which has only one locking screw, but I tell you right away to run to the hardware store and lock it to the bar with at least two screws.
You certainly have both a tripod mount and mounts.
The hood is retractable. There is a cap with white felt inside and a shaped cap that covers the micrometric block of focus of the focuser.
I mount it on a CG4 Auriga set in AZ. It is a pleasure to move it. I put on the Ploss 25 mm TV eyepiece and ..... it doesn't focus. I had foreseen it and at armando's suggestion I took two TS extensions of 50mm and 80mm. It only comes into focus with the 80 mm. There is a reducer from 2 "to 31.8 mm. This has a single screw and a tightening ring. As always, these TS accessories do not satisfy me and certainly are not up to the rest. quality.
The Fokeggiaotre is ababstanza fluid. I rate it more than enough.
I immediately frame something terrestrial and my usual reference objects: Trees on a bright sky background, a distant landscape, the rotabte chimney of a fireplace.
the vision is beautiful and sufficiently contrasted and sharp. No significant chromatism known on these revealing objects and the evening is also a bit humid. This with the 25 mm. With the Takahashi Abbe Ortho 18mm vision improves significantly.
I would say very satisfied with the earth images I see. They don't have the contrast of a takahashi. The lens appears with the classic green treatment made in china. Well uniform.
The sharpness, clarity and transparency of the doublet are very good, but not as good as those of a takahashi lens.
Overall I would say I am very, very satisfied.
I point a near first quarter of the Moon with the 25 mm Ploss TV ... the disk is small obvious. The sky background is still very bright but the image is enjoyable. With the haze of the sky I notice a tad bit of chromatism on the lunar edge ... but it's too early to tell. We look forward to another evening.
You need a 7.5mm Takahashi LE to have a great record. Not an eyepiece that I particularly love, but here it does the job of him.
I mount the turret with great hope for one of the purposes I set myself, binocular vision, but NISBA with the two 255 mm Plosses is not in focus. It would be necessary to change fokeggiatore. But in this case, let's leave it alone.
I shoot on the fly, chasing by hand (how nice the az by hand !!), and although the haze patina and the bad seeing, these are the results of a fast processing.
I would say that I am very satisfied with the purchase of this small travel and factotum canvas, but I reserve the right to better explore its characteristics and potential on a good day and on the starry sky.
See you next time. vote: 7/10 (10/10 is the FC100DL)

266395726_10223310675749261_1177115540002721927_n.jpg

265991044_10223310750351126_7368023227718737910_n.jpg

266466036_10223310231898165_1202298881408820489_n.jpg

266328408_10223310603547456_647402928729210339_n.jpg

• Like 4