Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Telescope mounting

Hello,

I have just bought Skywatcher 127mm Mak telescope. I got it mounted on AZ-GTI mount. I want to take photos from the telescope but I am not sure how can I set up my Samsung Z Fold 3 with the telescope. Can someone help me connecting my mobile with telescope so I can capture astronomy photos?

Something like https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07MW4RG1Y/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_WTZ7MM08B9XZC0F9NV7P is probably best.  Your mount and scope lends itself best to "lucky imaging" types of targets such as the moon and planets.  If you are looking towards faint deepsky objects that require longer exposures, you will start to get star trailing.

On 10/12/2021 at 12:49, Rahulkumar said:

Hello,

I have just bought Skywatcher 127mm Mak telescope. I got it mounted on AZ-GTI mount. I want to take photos from the telescope but I am not sure how can I set up my Samsung Z Fold 3 with the telescope. Can someone help me connecting my mobile with telescope so I can capture astronomy photos?

Be prepared to be disappointed with the end results., and to do a lot of faffing around with clamps and brackets.

Experiment by pointing the scope at the moon when its at any phase other than full, and then try and take an image hand held.  It will be known as eyepiece projection as there is no means to attach the phone to the mount without having an eyepiece focus the image.  If that works and you are happy with the result then look for a bracket that can hold a folding phone... sometimes having the latest mobile technology makes other things harder !  

From experience trying to take photos with a mobile is very difficult, even if you manage to capture anything it is highly likely the image will be out of focus, the moon generally images okay, anything else is a different story. If you have the budget and wish to pursue this further utilising a DSLR or astronomy camera will offer much better results though either option has their learning curves.