Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

82 degree eyepieces

bosun21

Thanks again to all the members who responded to my enquiry. I see the way forward for myself are the ES range. They are optically better than the Nirvanas albeit more expensive, but at a cost i deem worth paying. As for the Luminos?, they are now out of contention. Thanks again all 🤙

Edited by bosun21
Correction
  • Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
41 minutes ago, vagk said:

Did anyone knows when ES eyepieces will be available again ? Most are out of stock for the last year and a half.

I’ve had an ES 24mm 82 degree EP on order for a year now.

I contacted ES in the USA and they said may have availability In February....ish.

7 hours ago, Andy ES said:

I contacted ES in the USA and they said may have availability In February....ish.

Me too... I had also asked them past June and they told me that late fall eyepieces will be restocked...but they didn't... I am not sure that in February will be available...they told me there is trouble with production line and supply chain due to pandemic and energy - electricity crisis in China. Prices also increased while eyepieces are out of stock. 

Regarding ordering them directly from China or USA, I don't want pay custom fees - taxes...

Edited by vagk
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, vagk said:

Regarding ordering them directly from China or USA, I don't want pay custom fees - taxes...

I have got my ES 82 EPs from Aliexpress, i think there is still some stock. You will not pay customs if your order is less than £135 (after VAT has been added in your order); mine took 10 days to arrive.

13 hours ago, vagk said:

Did anyone knows when ES eyepieces will be available again ?

You might try Agena Astro, though most sizes are out of stock, the 14mm (one of the best of the bunch) is in stock.  I bought most of my ES 82's from this source before they came to Europe, and afterwards to the UK.  Found here:

https://agenaastro.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=explore 82

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The 24mm EP was £220 when I ordered it a year ago from a supplier. It’s now listed as £249 on FLO.

so I’ll sit it out with the original supplier rather than possibly go to the back of a longer more expensive queue

I’ll throw in my strong endorsement of the ES 82 degree 14mm. Recent purchase so not too many sessions with it but used it at a Bortle 4 site on the double cluster and the view was simply stunning. Truly had that immersed in space feeling.  This was with a 10”  f4.7 Dob. I joked with my observing buddy that it felt like looking through the view screen of the Enterprise and he agreed. 😂

• Like 1

23 hours ago, vagk said:

Did anyone knows when ES eyepieces will be available again ? Most are out of stock for the last year and a half....

What sizes are you looking for? I’ve just bought a couple that are in stock at the moment.

• 3 months later...

This is rather late to the game, but is seems that FLO has some 80 degree eyepieces under their house name and they are getting very positive reviews.  They are rebranded Long Perngs but according to the reviews thus far they are hitting well above the price point and compete very well against some better know names.

Edited by Guest

1 hour ago, Mike Q said:

This is rather late to the game, but is seems that FLO has some 80 degree eyepieces under their house name and they are getting very positive reviews.  They are rebranded Long Perngs but according to the reviews thus far they are hitting well above the price point and compete very well against some better know names.

I have not seen any eyepieces under the FLO name, or am I missing something ?

54 minutes ago, banjaxed said:

I have not seen any eyepieces under the FLO name, or am I missing something ?

Looks like someone gave you the link.  I have been eyeballing these eyepieces myself.  The reviews are very good on them thus far.  There is a review of them in the eyepiece section of the forums by cajen2.  

Edited by Guest