SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Snowy nightscapes

A derelict lead mine.  Last Sunday evening.  It was quite an adventure.  I really enjoyed being out there on a snow covered rock in the middle of a stream.

Each image is 1 ambient light foreground, several illuminated building shots and 10 sky subs.  Pre-processed in Lightroom, stacked in Sequator and finished off in Photoshop.

Cheers, Paul.

IMG_5621-Edit 01 sml.jpg

IMG_5602-Edit 03 sml 5 by 7.jpg

Edited by clarkpm4242
  • Like 28

3 hours ago, clarkpm4242 said:

A derelict lead mine.  Last Sunday evening.  It was quite an adventure.  I really enjoyed being out there on a snow covered rock in the middle of a stream.

Funny how being on a snow covered rock in the middle of a stream focuses the mind :) 

You've been here before but I particularly like these. I like both photos but the reflections of the light in the stream really stand out.

Lovely stuff,

Dave.

• Haha 1

I’d missed this somehow, Paul. Absolutely beautiful. The ambient foreground works really well with the contrasty snow / landscape and the light painting is so soft and natural.  All done with my favourite part of the Milky Way too!

So have your toes thawed out yet?

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, davew said:

Some nice stuff around eh ?

Thank you Dave.  It was a contrast to the others!  :)  Useful to see the alternative approaches.

I've realised that the Northern Pennines offer some quite unique opportunities for nightscapes.  Should keep me going for many years...

...Paul

• Like 1