Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

OVL Hyperflex Zoom / Svbony SV191

cajen2

I have one of the clones but it looks identical to the Hyperflex 7.2 - 21.5 zoom (and a few other brands versions as well). It has quite a narrow field of view at 21.5mm but overall I think it is a good performer for what it costs. Mostly I use it with my refractors (F/6.5 to F/9.2) but when it has been in my F/5.3 12 inch dobsonian it has not disgraced itself. It also works well with the Baader Q-Turret 2.25x barlow IMHO to give a high power 9.55mm - 3.2mm zoom.

orbzoom01.JPG.07de04a6db9669f86f0b08d030125193.JPG

Edited by John
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Zermelo said:

I believe there are several clones that are essentially identical to the OVL.

I have the OVL and it's very good for the money.

There's one for sale now:

Thanks for that, but I can't access this yet 😥 Just a few more days....

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I eventually bought a (second hand) OVL Hyperflex and I'm quite pleased with it so far. I've only had clear skies for a few minutes, but tried it on M42 and was quite impressed.

At first, I thought the focus point at different mags was wildly different, but then realised that the torque needed to change mag was greater than that on my helical focuser, so it was my fault!😄 So it's now a two-handed job to change mag.

• Like 2

I notice Svbony are doing a sale on their website with discounts on all sorts including many of their eyepieces. The 7-21mm zoom isn't part of the offer but it was pretty cheap to begin with.

The real bargains are the 10mm and 18mm Ultra Flat Field eyepieces which are selling for a fraction of the cost of the same optics sold under other brands.