Narrowband

1st PI processing, also with new rig components.

iapa

bode.thumb.jpeg.0e7be71fdadc626e358489ff888588f6.jpeg

Here is result of quick processing.

I binned image x3, wiped background, did color scaling on B-V index of 0.63 star (from Stellarium database).

Gimp was used for processing - I did stretch of the image, some masked denoising and some masked sharpening.

I think there is some IFN captured as well, if I'm not mistaken, but it is very faint. Here is further binned x3 image to improve SNR. I also stretched it very very hard in order to try to bring out IFN to be compared by reference images:

image.png.a9a90facb88caf2faea6ff2ca39c6b78.png

Here is reference image for comparison:

image.png.d369687549285ac307ccb988b028b4b9.png

Distinct inverted L can be identified in left bottom part of the image - and some IFN structure below M81 as well

• Like 3

On 29/11/2021 at 17:09, scotty38 said:

Is that a stretched version? Just asking as if it's first time with PI it may not be obvious what needs to be done.

I blindly followed the steps in “Inside PixInsight” by Warren Keller, 2nd ed.

13 minutes ago, iapa said:

I blindly followed the steps in “Inside PixInsight” by Warren Keller, 2nd ed.

Ah ok understood. I don't know what steps they were but i will guess at you applying a ScreenTransferFunction and then saving the file? If you do that the file is not stretched because, as the title, it only stretches on the screen so you can see it. The easiest way to get round that if you like the stretch is to drop the STF "New Instance" on the bottom bar of HistogramTransformation and then apply that to the image. Don't panic if it's then fully white as you then need to disable the STF so it's not being stretched twice on the screen.

Hope that makes sense 🙂