Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

"Ohhhhh what a night!!"

wesdon1

Hey all! I just had to share with you all my incredible views of Saturn and Jupiter last night, and I even managed to serendipitously see the DRAGON 3 Capsule fly overhead too! The weather in my location was only clear for a few hours after sunset but what views I had during those brief couple hours were jaw dropping! I could see the Cassini division in Saturn's rings, a couple of her Moons, and Jupiter's giant storm system, the Red spot! I was like a little boy at Christmas, such was my excitement at what I was seeing live with my own eyes!! I have been using my brand new 8 inch reflector with brand new EP's, specifically Skywatcher Planetary 58 degree AFOV EP's, 9mm and 5mm FL respectively, and they performed amazingly well, also considering I only paid around £60 each for them! To be honest prior to owning the Skywatcher UWA 58 degree AFOV Ep's I never really thought there would be much difference between the super cheap narrow AFOV EP's that come with telescopes new and them, but my goodness they really do improve your viewing experience in so many ways! I am now wondering should I fork out even more money to buy a super wide angle AFOV EP(s) to get even more degrees of view surrounding a given object ?? If anyone has experience with this, please share your opinions/advice thanks. I am now eagerly waiting for the damn British weather to give me a couple decent nights weather/seeing so I can start imaging with all my new equipment I purchased recently! Watch this "Space" LOL. Wes, Liverpool UK.

Edited by wesdon1
forgot to include details
  • Like 4