SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Another hello from Australia

Hi to all the members,

I started the journey in this wonderful hobby some 38 years ago however I have been taking a break the last few years as life threw a few curve balls my way. I've been keeping an eye on a few forums around the world but I thought SGL might be the best one to hang my hat on.

I live about 90 minutes from Melbourne, Victoria and I'm using this Summer (your Winter) to reintroduce myself into amateur astronomy. I have on order an 18-inch truss Dobsonian in the process of being constructed by a local telescope builder.

I own a Lunt LS60THaPT solar scope so solar observing will be my focus over the next few months. I am currently without a mount or tripod so that will be my first set of forum questions.... stay tuned...

Looking forward to learning all over again.

Cheers, Stephen

Edited by Guest

• Guest changed the title to Another hello from Australia
On 28/11/2021 at 17:20, Marvin Jenkins said:

A big warm welcome from a member who has a brother residing in Melbourne. Visited a few years back, very nice place.

Marv

Thanks Marv, I love this city and I am fortunate enough to live on the outskirts to call it country.

• 2 weeks later...