Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Clavius region, 25th Nov

daz

It's been a very long time since I did any lunar imaging, so go gentle!!

Skywatcher Esprit 100, Atik GP, 800 frames (from approx 4,000) captured in Sharcap, stacked in AS!3 and then processed in Affinity. All 3 software packages are new to me, so still plenty of room for improvement!

It really needed my StellaLyra Cassegrain, but I didn't have the energy to swap the scope over!! And having seen Neil's image, it has inspired me to not be such a lazy git!

211125_Lunar_Clavius_region.png

• Like 5

18 hours ago, daz said:

It's been a very long time since I did any lunar imaging, so go gentle!!

Skywatcher Esprit 100, Atik GP, 800 frames (from approx 4,000) captured in Sharcap, stacked in AS!3 and then processed in Affinity. All 3 software packages are new to me, so still plenty of room for improvement!

It really needed my StellaLyra Cassegrain, but I didn't have the energy to swap the scope over!! And having seen Neil's image, it has inspired me to not be such a lazy git!

211125_Lunar_Clavius_region.png

Still a good result nicely captured and processed. Coming away from a 10" F6.3 scope around 5 feet tall. The short 8"CC  is me being lazy.  What stella lyra do you have ?