Narrowband

No Chance Comet Lulin

CELESCOPE

Dont look like i will ever get the chance of bagging this Comet , been trying for a while now ,just clouds after cloud fog after fog , TODAY the sun was shining all day , all excited and even set up , but to early as it was not high enough, well it was but my house was blocking it hhehe , anyway left it for a while , and you you guessed it , high fog again so all packed away .

So what with the forecast looking bleak , dont look as if i will get this one ,

Think i will go kick the

Pier

:lol:

That's a real shame Rog. I wasn't really that interested in imaging the comet, but last night while waiting for another target to come around, I thought I'd give it a quick go. Not easy to find, my astro program had its co-ords but didnt find it, but a faint smudge in the finder showed where it was.

For the hell of it I ran a few 60 sec shots. All I can say is.......wow! The colour comes through a treat, the tail is amazing. Can't you possibly take the kit somewhere that will give you a bigger window? You only need 30 mins or so to get a reasonable image.

Yes well i will keep my eyes peeled of course , TJ i cant move anywhere as work keeps me here , up early at 5 every day and in bed early . off in a min , so the window is small i,m afraid , but never mind just have to admire all your images , at least that way i get to see it .

Same boat Rog! One clear night we've had, the 'outlaws' came round for dinner (not that I mind, cos I get on well with them). By the time they went, cloud cover was total!

Still, there is always Halley's...

No chance of any more tries with this hurricane-like rainstorm lashing down.

I think I saw it on Sunday night but was juggling 10x50 binos, a print-out of a star map and squinting through a 127 Mak at a light-polluted sky. I finally had to use a convenient apple tree branch to sight the Red Dot Finder with what I had seen through the binos!

If I saw it, it was just a faint smudge - one for the imagers!

AG

If I saw it, it was just a faint smudge - one for the imagers!

AG

Yep!! Thats about all I can see in binoculars.

From my home, no chance of being naked eye with my light pollution.

Now it's fading... :lol:

Archived